One evening last week, Miss Mouse sat down at the piano, looked at me, and said "Look, Mom. What song is this?" She said it with a grin that told me she knew what song she was going to play. She then proceeded to plunk out the first line of "Joy to the World".
Now, I realize the first line of "Joy to the World" is a simple scale, but she still had to put the notes together, figure out where to start, and know in her head that she was going to use those keys to make that sound. I was excited, to say the least. My sister started playing songs like that on an old violin when she was around the same age, and talent like she has doesn't come around every day. It both frightened and excited me to see my little Miss Mouse showing the first signs of something similar!
2 comments:
Wow! Great news, I say. I think it comes from the many "concerts" you gave her when she was verrry little. I think she requested songs (often from "The Red Hymnal"), and you played them for her. I think you are just beginning to see the rewards of the time, energy, and care you have put in to your career!
Love you,
Auntie Linda
Thanks! :) Technically, though, it was the "cranberry" hymnal, not to be confused with the "red" hymnal of years past. That made me smile! I had forgotten that we did that. Yep, she definitely called it "red", too.
Post a Comment