
I ran across this passage in a devotional book the other night. Several of my college professors had the same pet peeve: the word "impacted". So, lest I slip and actually say that this passage had a serious "impact" on me, leading you to believe that some sort of anvil fell on my head and impacted my skull, or that I had some other sort of personal, bodily problem, I will find a better way to say that this passage was a powerful one for me.
On Whom are we building our house? On the trappings of this world, the American Dream, the "Keeping up with the Jones's" mentality?
Miss Mouse had her last official day of ice skating for this session on Saturday. She completed the "testing" and passed Pre-Level 1 with flying colors. As I stood with her on the ice, my heart pounding as if I were the one being tested, my head filled with anxiety about whether she had performed well enough or not, this passage came back to me. And it did feel sort of like an anvil being thrown into my stomach, yanking my attention away from my own competitive spirit, toward the beautiful, fresh little girl standing next to me who understands nothing about 'testing' or being 'good enough' or 'not good enough', who doesn't need to understand those things right now, who just needs to know she is loved and was created by the Most High, the Rock, to be His child. And that is on what we strive to build our house. Thanks be to God that He reminds me of that......again.......and again.........and again.....and again.

2 comments:
Hope we get to see her skate soon. It is so great that she is really enjoying it. Good job for giving her the opportunity to try new things. Maybe she can skate on the slough you learned on some day!
LOVE MOM
This is wonderful! I hope you have a safe and very merry Christmas!
Post a Comment