Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Update on "Next Baby"
We had our second doctor's appointment today. Miss Mouse came with for this one and actually did quite beautifully. She really wanted to be on the scale with me, but I didn't think my weight needed increasing by 21 pounds 9 ounces! Other than that, she was happy to sit either with me or stand with Mike the whole time. We got to hear the heartbeat today really clearly which was nice and quite a relief (since she hadn't been able to find it last time). Though it would have been fun, in a way, to get another 'sneak peak' ultrasound, we were all glad to hear the little one's heart pounding away. My blood pressure was back down to normal for me (at our ridiculous last appointment where we waited for 1.5 hours, it was considerably high for me). It'll be about another six weeks before we get our next view of 'Next Baby', but at that point (hopefully!), we'll be able to tell whether it is a boy or girl. We certainly don't care either way, but it will be so fun to see him/her bouncing around and know whether we are bonding with a him or her! As I said before, Miss Mouse thought the appointment was just fine, though she stayed serious the entire time and when asked by the doctor if she could say something/anything, she shook her head "no, no, no". Surprise, surprise, the doctor didn't believe the Mouse :) To cap off the appointment, Miss Mouse got a sticker on the way out. She's very proud of it and is wearing it on her onesie dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A sticker is a great idea to leave the doctor with. She will probably remember each time about it.
Glad you heard the heartbeat easily.
See you soon.
I'm way behind on my reading!I saw you and Miss Mouse this weekend and am feeling lonesome, so I'm glad these updates are still here for me to read.
I'm glad Miss Mouse had a chance to see the doctor when it wasn't time for a shot or anything.
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Auntie Linda
Post a Comment