Some people read the Sunday paper for "Funnies". I have Sunny. These are some of my favorites from the past weeks:
*Reading to Mighty Mouse: "A is for apple, B is for book [so on and so forth - fast forward to V], V is for....confused look....hesitation.....fiddle?"
*Same book to Mighty Mouse: "R is for....confused look....hesitation.....bunny?" - I guess "R" should have been first in this description since it was in real life, but hopefully you get the picture. It was sweet and funny.
*After complaining about supper for quite some time: "Mommy, this food wants to come back out of my mouth!" - I think it was her way of saying it made her want to puke. I thought it was a fairly polite way to be rude about the dinner I had cooked! Sidenote: She ate her whole portion, so I'm not too worried.
*We had quite a time trying to figure out why Sunny was irate everytime I offered her the Mickey Mouse overalls she was asking for. I would offer them; she would go ballistic and say "NO! I want the overalls!". I would answer that these ARE the overalls. More ballistic screaming and shouting. It was actually sad, pathetic screaming, so I kept trying to understand where the confusion was coming in; obviously one of us was not "getting" something. Finally, she was able to say that the "overalls" she wanted were the ones Miss Mouse had worn the other day. I said, "Oh! The suspenders?" Yep. Cries and screams ceased sort of hilariously immediately, and she calmly answered, "Oh, yeah. I forgot what they were called." Problem solved.
*Miss Mouse was spelling words by sounding them out. She spelled "PRAE" for "PRAY" because the "E" is silent and makes the "A" say it's name. I was impressed, but I hadn't heard her the first time she spelled it. I said, "what was it you were spelling?" Sunny answered: Nugus (it's pronounced "new-gus" and is a funny name Grandpa Bob always jokes about - i.e., "is your name Nugus?"). I guess Sunny has picked up Grandpa Bob's sense of humor.
*The other day the girls listened to a cd of hymns by Fernando Ortega (I could listen to him all day, incidentally). That night when they went to bed, Miss Mouse was angry that Sunny picked the "kyms cd" for their bedtime cd. Miss Mouse doesn't like going to sleep to music with words, apparently. *sigh* Anyway, it is only five songs long, so I told Miss Mouse she could deal with those five songs and sleep after them for one night. In a huff, as much of a huff as Miss Mouse gets into anyway, Miss Mouse said to her sister, "Well, it isn't called a "kym" cd; it's called a hymn cd." In an effort to get back at big sister, Sunny, in a somewhat hopeful voice, said, "Well, Mommy it must be called a hymn cd then because it is a boy singing... right, Mommy?". There are not words for how badly I wanted to just say yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment