Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Next Baby Update!

We had another doctor's appointment today. Everything is still going very smoothly, so that is good. We are at about 36 weeks and are beginning to make a little progress toward meeting this new addition! That is exciting since we didn't make any before we were induced with Hope and had just barely, barely started when we were induced with Miss Mouse (around 39 weeks). Our doctor figures we might go to around 38 weeks (which is what we were at with Hope), and then something might really start to happen. Surprise, surprise, she said the baby is laying on top of my bladder - this could explain the fact that I'm up around 3-5 times each night and visit the bathroom more often than my toilet-training-two-year-old during the day. She said that when the baby moves off my bladder, things might really start to move quickly, so that is, again, exciting (and hopefully not too much information for anyone!). I'm still at a pretty low blood pressure, though today's was a bit higher (could it have been wrangling the Mouse, carrying a diaper bag, a winter jacket, Miss Mouse's winter jacket, all the while helping Miss Mouse with her own backpack or "purse" as she calls it?), but still well below most people's normal. I've put on 16 pounds at this point which I mainly write so that I remember it in the future....I've been going back to my journals with Hope and Miss Mouse to see how much weight I had gained at different points, and sometimes I wrote it down, sometimes not. So, I'm just trying to do better "record keeping".

Anyway, Miss Mouse again enjoyed listening to the baby's heartbeat and talked about hearing the baby at the doctor all day!

No comments: