Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update on "Next Baby"

I had another doctor appointment this morning. "Neighbor Carroll" wasn't able to watch Miss Mouse (and I really didn't want her to when the Mouse had a cold - I'd hate to expose more people to it!), so Daddy stayed with her while I headed down for the appointment. There isn't a whole lot of news, but here is what I know:
*My blood pressure is still really low - this is normal for me, so she's pleased it is staying at a typical level (for me - I suppose it is sort of "nearly dead" for most people).
*I've put on 15 pounds. I can't remember what I'd put on with the other two at this point (approx. 34 weeks). I'd have to look it up. Somewhere around there, though.
*We're measuring pretty small. She wasn't surprised about that since she thinks it was the same way with Miss Mouse. I can't remember, I guess. However, we're scheduled to have an ultrasound tomorrow morning just to make sure the baby is growing on target, even if it is "on target" to be a rather small baby. Hopefully they won't end up moving our due date back a whole lot! I'm really excited to get another 'peek' at the baby, but it will be a relief to have it done, too. I always get a little bit worried that maybe she suspects something is wrong and just doesn't want to mention it until it is confirmed. She assured me (I think she's fairly good at reading my mind by this point) that that is not the case and that she just wants the ultrasound done as extra assurance that nothing is wrong so that "there are no surprises". We don't really like surprises anymore....

Sooooo....perhaps I will have another update tomorrow afternoon sometime!

No comments: