Monday, January 12, 2009

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow.....

Today wasn't Miss Mouse's best day ever. I'm hoping, for her sake, that the "sun'll come out tomorrow", figuratively speaking (we did have physical sunshine today). She started the day out by taking a tumble off the couch. We've been having arguments about whether or not she needs to sit on the couch. She posits that she does not; I demand that she does. I was actually on my way over (standing up and moving towards her) to the couch today to force her to sit down when she tumbled - smack on her head. Smack dab on the top of her head. Sad girl. It must not have hurt too bad, though, because she calmed down and was distracted in about 30 seconds. She has a chiropractor appointment now on Thursday anyway, just in case.

The day continued with a 30 minute nap. Anyone who knows our girl knows that that means one very tired girly by the end of the day....actually, by 6 p.m.

Continuing this "wonderful" day, as I was preparing supper and Daddy was making sausage (in the kitchen - below zero highs are not conducive to garage-sausage-making, so we have an entire separate table set up in our not-so-spacious dining area right now - thankfully, he's very clean about it!), Miss Mouse was pushing the new floor washing bucket I got around the kitchen, empty, of course. I didn't think much of it because she pushes her little riding train around all the time; what difference does it make that she's using a bucket? Apparently, a lot of difference, because smack down she went again. I didn't see it happen, just saw a Mouse running towards me in so much pain she couldn't even cry at first. Ugh. Then I noticed the blood from her lip. Poor critter had smacked her lip on the bucket and bitten it. She has a pretty good-sized cut on it, and it bled for a good long time. All over her shirt. All over my shirt. Needless to say, she was not calm and distracted in 30 seconds after this one. However, she did calm down fairly quickly and didn't seem to have any troubles with her "uh-oh" the rest of the evening, other than pointing it out every now and then. Oh, and her lip is swollen and has a big scab. Poor critter.

Topping off the day, she is getting a cold. I'm cautiously hopeful that it won't be too bad. Very cautiously. She had a bath in some "cold and flu" bubble bath, went to bed with 'baby Vicks' all over, got her little homeopathic cold tablets (crazy, but they have worked multiple times for us!), and blew her nose all evening. Cautiously hopeful.

Very hopeful that the night goes well and that tomorrow is better than today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stamina of small children and of their mothers always leaves me amazed. Thanks for sharing even the woes. L.A.L.