Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Next Baby Update

We had our ultrasound this morning. Miss Mouse came with and now won't stop saying "Doctor. Baby. Pictures." It wasn't even one of the good machines with clear pictures, but she was pretty excited anyway!

After all the measurements were said and done, we were told this one is a long one again - especially with long legs - and that there is no growth concern or anything. In fact, this little one is already over 5 pounds by their calculations!!! I'm fairly sure neither of the other two were that size at this point! I'm curious as to whether that is going to surprise our doctor. I know, I know, subsequent babies are usually larger, but that wasn't the case between Hope and Miss Mouse - Hope was 7 pounds 5 ounces, and Miss Mouse was 6 pounds, 14 ounces. I think Daddy's sister was also a smaller baby than he was, though she was the second in the family. Anyway, I'm just really curious for our next appointment to see what the doctor thinks.

It was encouraging to be told that there is no growth problem - that I'm just "carrying the baby well". It's encouraging since I feel like a pregnant basset hound with its belly dragging the floor!

Oh, and for those who know the gender of what we're having, it was confirmed again at this ultrasound.

Other items of interest are that the heartbeat was 141 bpm, and the baby was doing the little practice breathing motions which was really fun to see.

It was great to have another 'peek' at this one and fun to watch Miss Mouse watch her new sibling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is great. I was thinking about you this morning.

Take care!
Susan

Anonymous said...

In case my last comment makes people think I am an expert on the sex of unborn babies...well, yes, I always make statements that give the baby an identity in my mind...and I ALWAYS am firm in my belief that I am right,..at least until the baby is born!
Whatever, I love this little exhibitionist! And, of course, one can NEVER have legs that are too long!(This also is a my 5'1/2" firm belief!) L.A.L.