Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun

I'm not sure how many more cute photos of adorable children in costume I can stand! They are just so cuddly and cute-looking that I'd like to just cuddle them all up!!! What a fun time of year! We, too, had a great time on Halloween. Miss Mouse and I drove down to a family friend's house in (what used to be) the south part of town (now, mid-town). We had fun visiting him, and Miss Mouse dressed up in her costume and had her picture taken on his porch. We stopped at the church on the way back north to show off the costume again. Then, we dressed once again (the costume isn't too conducive to carseat-riding) to show off the costume to the neighbors. She was a beautiful butterfly, though, as you'll see when I get around to posting some photos, she will have repeat appearances as the butterfly for the next year or two (the costume turned out to be huge - who cares? it was $3 at a rummage sale!). Daddy and I trained her well, practicing the "rule" that when kids say "trick or treat", Miss Mouse gives them a piece of candy. I was able to get an entire supper cooked while she loaded and unloaded her pumpkin bucket with the candy we were to hand out. She loved the kids' costumes (most of them - a few of them made her lift her hands frantically to me to be picked up....however, she usually laughed as they walked away, so the freaky looking people must not have damaged her too much!) and had so much fun handing out candy. When we were fairly sure no one else was coming, we headed down to one of Daddy's co-workers houses to give them some of our leftover candy. The Mouse was just desperate to keep handing it out. I suppose she is one of the few children who started Halloween off with a full bucket and ended it with an empty one! Regardless, she had a blast, and so did we! I'll post pictures as soon as possible.

No comments: