Thursday, November 6, 2008

November Rain

Even though the day started out with a downpour and has continued with such, it is really a treat to see it raining in November. Miss Mouse, who started her day much too early at 7 a.m., and I took a walk earlier, in the downpour, with an umbrella. It was great fun for her. Not only did she constantly look up at the umbrella and say "dee, dee!" (i.e., "pretty, pretty!"), but we also had the good fortune to see upwards of ten worms crossing the sidewalks and driveways! Being that I have a snake phobia (that I have no intention of curing - I know what that process would be, thank you very much!), it probably seems quite odd that I absolutely love, love worms. Well, Miss Mouse does, too. We stood and watched the worms work their way across the pavement, discussing (okay, I did most of the talking) their sizes and directions and wondering if the small ones were babies (she did get in on that word numerous times). Jolly good fun! It was extremely unpopular to move inside again, but our umbrella was nearly soaked through. So was I, for that matter, since I had been focusing so hard on covering the Mouse that I forgot to cover myself most of the time. Anyway, after the fit about moving back inside, we worked on making playdough worms (and a cat, of course, too - we always have to make a playdough cat). Then we colored for 15 minutes and subsequently spent another 15 minutes practicing taking the crayons out of the box and putting them back into the box. More jolly good fun! I'm hoping the afternoon and evening go as well today. There is no sign of let-up in the rain, and this is a super-long day for Daddy (hence, also for the two of us hanging out at home). As a sidenote, Daddy has been greeted, for the past two weeks or so, by Miss Mouse running full speed at him with her shirt pulled up, making kissing sounds at him each lunch and evening. This is to indicate to him, in no uncertain terms, that she wants her belly kissed. I try to oblige, but she really prefers Daddy to do the belly-kissing. Not really sure where that came from, but it's pretty funny! And it has to be an adorable way to be welcomed home after a long day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know what happened to the comment? I said-I can't imagine no pictures of the worms. Maybe the fact of an umbrella and Miss Mouse in hand would explain it. Glad it was a fun morning inspite of the weather.
Love Grammy